OK, so lets be honest with ourselves, we could all use some extra strength from time to time. I’m not talking about the physical kind. But the kind to help us build resilience, to help us withstand trails, persecutions and whatever life throws at us. Because, as you already know, we will and do experience these, no matter who we are, because we are living in this fallen world. Especially in these current times with the Covid virus and the impact this has had on every area of life, the racism attacks, terrorism, then in our personal lives come many other difficulties and challenges. Therefore, building up this strength spiritually and emotionally is important and can be done.
Well, we can start by asking God.
And by meditating on scripture. By meditating on these we can come to know them, not only in our minds but in our hearts which, in turn, will help us to apply them to our lives and ultimately strengthen our spirits and emotions and we can become stronger through Him and this can help in boosting our confidence as well. How good is that?!
If you want to more on Christian meditation. Subscribe Here for a FREE download/ print off on ‘How to practice Christian Meditation.’
Below our some scriptures to help us in this area of our lives.
- Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Ephesians 6:10: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- Psalms 28:7: The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him
- Isaiah 40:29-31: He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Deuteronomy 31:6: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Feel free to comment below with any additional verses you may refer too or God has put on your heart through difficult times.