So, finally, here it is, the book I’ve been working on, entitled ‘Christian Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and How to Become Mindful of Christ’. Final draft just finished. Now on to do the index! Hopefully to be ready for purchase in the next few weeks.
‘This “self- help” or “Faith- Help” book, is to help Christians, bible believers and those in faith to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
It is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approaches and techniques and combined with prayer, scripture and biblical meditation. Included, are eight sessions to complete with space to answer questions, make notes and journal.
Also included are testimonies from others whose mental health and wellbeing has radically improved or been healed through their faith.
The sessions are suitable for individuals and small groups.’
Philippians 4.13: I can do all this through Him who strengthens me.
John 14.26 & 27: But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- ‘What is mental health?’ Including the different approaches.
- ‘Introducing Christian based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy’.
- ‘Mindfulness in Christ’.
- ‘How to Practice Christian meditation’.
- ‘Scripture References.’ For comfort, strength, peace, reassurance and on changing perceptions.
- ‘CbCBT.’ The sessions; eight in total. These include; prayers, questions, tasks, techniques and suggested scriptures for bible based meditation