Need to know how to beat the winter blues?
Being in the mix of yet another lockdown and it being this time of year, where the days are long and dark. Our activities are limited due to rules and laws around Covid measures have been increased. In addition to this a lot of people are not able to work either. All of these factors can induce boredom and loneliness. In addition to this it can be easy to slip into sadness and sometimes even depression. It’s going to be up to each of us to lift ourselves and others out of this and find things to do and ways to lift our mood.
I’ve compiled a list of resources, articles, suggestions and items (affiliate links included) and activities for you to access in order to do just this.
Beat the winter blues
- Finding Joy During Lockdown -includes mood boosting and self- care ideas.
- SAD lamp– I bought myself one of these a few years ago, they are amazing for those dark days your stuck indoors. The light generated from it fills your room with “daylight” that helps to lift your mood and energy levels and can even help you sleep.
- Winter blues: Everything you need to know to beat Seasonal Affective Disorder. Book, explaining exactly how to beat the winter blues.
- Mood boosting worship songs playlist or any other positive music you enjoy or that helps you to relax or lift you up.
- Get outside– Where possible, experience the outdoors, go for a walk, sit in the garden, if it’s cold, wrap up warm. Click this link to see the benefits of this.
- Eat Well– Reciepe book to eat well for less.
- Spring clean/ declutter– This can help not only the physical look to your home but it can also help to clear your mind too.
For other resources and links to improve mental health and wellbeing as well as Christian based resources then check out the ‘Useful links‘ page.
Do you have any other tips to help others in beating the winter blues? Share in the comments below.