Following on from “Never stop praying Pt1!?” a few weeks ago, here is part two!
How can prayer made a difference to your life?
Benefits of Prayer
Last time you saw two main reasons to never stop praying. These were:
- Because thats what God, through the Holy Bible says to you . This is because He wants a relationship with you.
- You will become closer to the Trinity including the Holy Spirit, therefore the more fruit (joy, love, peace, self- control etc) you will grow & experience in your life.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
Other benefits can include:
- To discover & learn Gods will & purpose for your life (Jer 29:11)
- For comfort & assurance (Psa 23:4)
- To improve your faith (Luk 17:5)
- To increase strength, hope & trust in Him (Isa 40:39)
- To know & experience Gods love for you (Deu 23:5 & 30:16/ Joh 3:16)
And so much more!
So in part one you read the scripture and the importance on the fact we are to never stop praying. You saw 3 ways in which you can be in prayer with the Lord.
We looked at the Lords Prayer, how to talk to God and praying with scripture.
More Ways to be Praying
- Praying in the Spirit. Speaking and praying in tongues is both important and useful. It is important as it edifies and strengthens your personal relationship with God. It is useful, especially when you don’t know what to pray or simply want to be in communication with Him on a deeper level. I suggest if you already pray in tongues say for instance 5 minutes a day to up it to 10 or if you do it 30mins a day to up to an hour. The more time we spend praying in the Spirit the stronger our bond is with God and the more like Jesus we can become. (1 Corinthians 14:4) If you are already baptised by the Holy Spirit but don’t yet pray in tongues, then ask God to to give you the gift and ability to do so.
2. Through Biblical meditation. This is when you ask the Holy Spirit for a word of truth, a scripture, verse or passage. You then spend time focusing and repeating that. Asking the Holy Spirit to reveal to you its meaning. For more information and tips on Biblical Meditation grab your free guide below.
3. Drawing to the Throne. This is where you purposefully draw closer to God. Begin with giving thanks. Then spend time in repentance or asking Him to bring to mind anything that may be standing in the way. Then asking Him to draw you into His presence, you can then do this through reading the word of God and through worship.
4. Intercession. This is when you pray for others. When you do this it requires heart felt meaningful prayers. It also needs to be done through faith, trust and authority. Remember you have the power and authority of Christ in you. Therefore, you can interceed and your prayers do count!
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
If you have any prayer requests or are in need of uplifting &/ or fellowship then join the Mindful of Christ Community, our private Facebook group. Hope to see you there.
4 thoughts on “Never Stop Praying! (Pt2)”
Amen to that! God is so good!
Great post. I loved that you shared scriptures. Will defintely use this as a guide.
Fabulous! So pleased it was helpful to you! Do come back and let us know how you get on. Blessings xx