Bible Verses for Transformation
So, let’s be honest with ourselves, we all have space for transformation and growth.
If we’re not growing and changing; developing and displaying Spiritual Growth, aka strengthening our relationship with the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit then we’re going backwards or standing still. We need to put one foot in front of the other and move forwards. Ask the Lord to change and transform you. Ask Him to help you become more like Jesus. Ask Him to shine light on anything that’s dark- anything that is preventing our growth.
Perhaps it’s your mindset- are you thinking or believing thoughts that are limiting you? Perhaps things like “I’m useless”, “that scripture isn’t for me”, “I don’t matter” or “I should be a certain way, or should be doing or not doing…?”
Perhaps it’s a particular behaviour- are you sinning or doing anything that isn’t right in the eyes of the Lord or is there something the Lord has asked you to do and you haven’t done it yet?
Perhaps it’s un- forgiveness- do you need to forgive someone, yourself or God for any reason?
This can all be dealt with and changed and need to- for your own sake and transformation, so you can know and experience the promises the God has for you.
For instance, freedom, peace, love, joy; the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5), plans to prosper you, hope & a future (Jeremiah 29:11) etc, etc, etc.
But how can you start any kind of change and transformation in your life?
Well, you can start by asking God to help you. Check this out too:
By meditating on these Bible verses for transformation and change, it will also help you to remember them, not only in your mind but in your hearts too. Which, in turn, will help you in applying them to your own life and ultimately help you on your own journey of transformation.
How awesome is that?!
14 Verses for Meditation on Transformation
1. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
2. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come
3. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit
2 Corinthians 3:18
4. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ
5. And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator
6. But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
7. And to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
8. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
9. By standing firm, you will win your souls
10. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.
11. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7
12. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!
13. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
14. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
Share in the comments below how mediation and/ or these verses has helped you, if you have additional verses or quotes of encouragement or testimonies, as these all help and encourage one another.
P.S If you’re in the South of England and struggling with anxiety, depression &/or anger then come join us at our ‘Renewing Your Mind’ Seminar, THIS Saturday; July 1st ’23. With Dr Jeff Riggenbach, coming all the way from Oklahoma, U.S!