11 verses for meditation on joy.
Joy is a deep rooted sense of happiness which is offered and experienced through Jesus.
By meditating on scriptures of joy, we can see how hope and joy are intertwined. That ‘Hope’ we have, in God and Jesus and trusting Him and His word for the future can bring us that Joy that He has to offer every single one of us.
11 verses for meditation- Joy
- Romans 15.13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- John 16:24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
- Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- 1 Peter 1:8-9 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
- Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
- Psalm 30:11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
- Psalm 126:5 Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
- Habakkuk 3: 17-18 Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
- Psalm 27:6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
- 1 Timothy 6:17 As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.
- Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
As we look at and meditate on these verses we can see a pattern emerging; through looking to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with hope, worship, rejoicing, even mourning can turn into dancing and we can be filled with a new level of happiness; His complete and utter joy.