Hope is something we hear a lot about in the Bible. But what does it mean to put this into action?
I believe it to be trusting and having faith in God in that things in life will turn out as they should, according to His will. This last bit is key, whatever we have planned in our lives may not be what God has planned. This isn’t always easy to do, which is why I/we need to practice it. Like anything we practice, we improve at. For instance, an instrument, the more we practice it the better we get at it. This can be the same for hope, the more it’s practiced, the easier it becomes.
We can hope for improvements, we can hope for joy, we can hope for love and ultimately hope for all things to come. By keeping the faith in Him we are putting our trust in Him and practicing our ‘hope’ in Him.
The following scriptures can be used to meditate on to help us cultivate this Hope in the Lord.
8 Verses for Meditation- Hope
- Ephesians 1. 18: I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his Holy people.
- Hebrews 10.23: Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.
- Proverbs 18.10: The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
- Isaiah 40.31: But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Jeremiah 29.11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Philippians 1.6: Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 130.5: I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.
- Romans 15.13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
May the Lord bless you and fill you with His hope as you go through these!
Click through for more scriptures for meditation on Strength or Reassurance. And for your FREE download on ‘How to Practice Christian meditation’, subscribe HERE.
In addition to this, a 30 days free premium plan on the Christian meditation app, Abide. Where you can enjoy the full benefits of the app, including topics, guides and full meditations, click HERE.
10 thoughts on “8 Verses for Meditation- Hope”
I love them all.
Thank u! x
Isaiah 40.31 is one of my favourite bible verses 💕
Psalm 61:2 – From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
is also a favourite of mine too!
Thank u for this. Gr8 reminder 2 that verse. X
Brilliant, thanks for sharing 😊
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed 🤗