Meditation for Reassurance During Storms
Well, we are all quite aware that we will experience trials and storms in life aren’t we?!
Sometimes it just feels like its One. Thing. After. Another! That life is just out to get us!
But! And I’m not dismissing any of it BTW (by the way) because life can and is tough!
But, we can meditate on Gods word and find some reassurance through scripture. Click here if you want to know more on ‘How to practice Christian mediation.’ By focusing on these scriptures we can turn our eyes towards Him and be reassured that He is actually in this storm with us. He’s on our boat, battling the waves with us and He can bring us his reassurance and peace amidst these storms.
6 Scriptures for Reassurance
- Psalms 73.26: My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever
2. Romans 8.15: The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fer again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
3. 2 Thessalonians 1.4-5: Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. All this is evidence that God’s judgement is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
4. Isaiah 26.3-4: You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord himself. is the Rock eternal.
5. 1 Peter 5.10: And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
6. James 1.12: Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.